Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thanksgiving & Who We're Grateful For Projects

We love holidays in our classroom! For Thanksgiving, instead of doing all turkeys and food and pilgrims, we focused the first two weeks on who we're grateful for. The first week, we chose to do firemen, soldiers and emergency medical workers. At the end of the week, we asked the kids who they were grateful for. The most common answers we got were family members, policemen and food (which we translated into chefs and people who cook us food). Here are some of our projects:

Here are our ambulances. The template was pretty simple and the kids had fun making them! I love that every one is different, but still recognizable as an ambulance. 
Our firemen. This was even simpler template-wise than the ambulances. We had fun making these as well, and again each one is different. 
My policewoman came out a little weird. I wish I'd remembered to take a photo of every else's police officers. I found this on pinterest, and decided to do something similar with police officers.  
 These turned out really cute! I found this chef on Pinterest, and based our chefs on that. We wrote everyone's favorite thing that someone cooks for them on the chef's jackets.





One of the projects we made after those first two weeks was our little Mayflowers. I like any project that includes sponge painting, so I had fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment