Saturday, August 9, 2014

Ice Paint!!

Messy stuff is always my favorite, and I love doing ice paint with my class. This weekend, I did it at home too.

I forgot to take a picture before I put the water into the tray, but you can still see about how much paint is in there. You can use food coloring instead of paint (it actually mixes better, and makes the color more consistent throughout the ice cubes) but it stains like crazy, so I usually just use paint instead.
 Here's what it looks like once it's all mixed together. As you can see, I overfilled one of the yellows and one of the greens, so they mixed together when I started to mix it. When I do this at school, I do one ice cube tray for each color, so it doesn't matter if you overfill it.
It only takes a couple of hours to freeze. I put it in the freezer before nap time, and it was frozen by the time he woke up.









Ice cube paint!





















 We always have a lot of fun with ice cube painting, and I really like the way the pictures turn out.


We had some ice cubes left over, so I put the ice cubes in the melted paint of a different color. That way we'll have color mixing ice cube paint next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment